Key purpose of the role:
- Develop and drive the strategy across Transactional Banking products with the aim of simplifying delivery and ensuring leading-edge product design, coordination and prioritisation around product development and enhancement, keeping the needs of the customers in mind
- Ensure that the strategic approach is aligned to the Group requirements and standards
- Analyse the market in order to develop an awareness of the affordability of the products and the strength of the competition
- Ensure the overall objectives of business profitability are met, through revenue growth, cost and impairment management and customer growth. Deliver on market share growth objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent degree in Sales and Marketing
- Postgraduate Degree or above (Desired)
- 10 years of relevant professional experience or banking experience of which 5 years at an executive management level.
- 5 Years’ experience in a Product Portfolio
- Ability to work cross-functionally across multiple business areas.
- Knowledge of business, technology and banking (Expert)
- Knowledge of financial management (Advanced)
- Knowledge of systems and technology (Advanced)
- Knowledge of process management (Advanced)
- Knowledge of development strategies (Expert)
- Influence the direction and development of Product solutions globally
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, but not be limited to:
- Design, define and formulate the strategic vision and direction of Transactional Banking Products.
- Ensure the appropriate stakeholders implement all product rationalization, migration, and consolidation and termination initiatives on route to realizing the overall company and Group-wide strategy for Product
- Ensure that Product Managers drive and implement a robust Product Management Methodology for all products
- Guide the Product Managers to manage product planning in the context of an overall product roadmap based on the product lifecycle with its associated price, promotion, distribution and customer need objective.
- Monitor the continuous product performance analysis in terms of all product parameters (including market share, customer take-up, utilization/activity, financial performance etc.) and create a focus on market activity to gain traction and market share in the industry.
- Oversee and ensure that Product Managers implements regular profitability analysis that is conducted on products to determine their continued viability.
- Ensure that the Product Managers actively work with the management teams of the sales and operations/support areas to ensure a common understanding of the services required and the constraints within which those areas have to operate. Initiate process reengineering projects where required.
- Entrench the use of industry best practices for product planning, life cycle management, measurement, growth and profitability. This involves addressing the strategies covering the 8P’s of services (Product, Price, Promotion, Place Processes, Physical evidence, People and Profitability)
- Create a network of alliances and business partners to optimize the operation of the value chain across product
- Develop and maintain a network of alliances throughout the industry, signing up the required alliances to ensure optimal delivery of Financial Solutions.
- Proactively develop relationships with key external stakeholders, vendors and industry leaders, including local regulators, key clients and external regulatory bodies to ensure that the company gets appropriate co-operation when required and that the Group meets and is seen to meet regulatory compliance.
- Regularly communicate and entrench the Product vision and direction to all stakeholders.
- Facilitation and testing of customer improvement solutions and initiatives in conjunction with business to increase customer penetration and customer satisfaction.
- Alignment of customer segmentation and employee segmentation through constant engagement with customer propositions and employee value propositions
- Champion the cultural change needed to reinforce consistent product and operational rigour disciplines and ways of working across a complex multi-geography business.
- Resource, develop and maintain a motivated high performing team committed to achieving success through each other. Agree challenging performance and development objectives for all direct reports providing regular feedback/coaching to ensure their maximum potential is achieved.
To be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV and payslip to Happyness@hradvance.co.za
If you have not had any feedback after 2 weeks from submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful