Main purpose of the role
- To develop and implement the new business distribution strategy with the business development team
- To represent and enhance confidence in the company’s brand through building strong prospective client and stakeholder relationships and networks which will result in increased AUM
- This will entail mobilising teams across the business to meet prospective client and stakeholder needs; influencing product development, identifying and converting client and market needs into business opportunities for the organisation.
- BCom degree or equivalent
- CFA will be an advantage
- Extensive sales and distribution experience in a financial service (experience in an asset management environment is preferable)
- A good understanding of or experience in the environment of financial planning, investment consulting, employee benefits consulting and multi-management.
- A good understanding of and experience in unlisted and alternative assets such as private equity, corporate credit, direct property and renewable energy assets
- Experience in client relationship management, marketing, client services
- At least five (5) years’ experience in the financial services industry, preferably asset management and in a new business function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following, but not be limited to:
- Developing a strategic plan for sales which aligns with business growth objectives
- The development of effective solutions and consultative sales process to ensure clients’ needs are accurately met.
- Market analysis and evaluation and identifying sales opportunities as a result of market changes.
- Competitor analysis and organisation positioning
- Gather and distribute market intelligence information to the broader organisation
- Implement the new business sales process: Follow leads, liaise with prospective clients, interact with stakeholders and drive opportunity to conclusion
- Facilitate the development and maintenance of a sustainable new business pipeline
- Identify and develop strategic partnerships to leverage new opportunities
- Identify new markets, develop and implement strategies for future opportunities
- Management of key Stakeholder relationships
- Mobilise the relevant teams in the organisation to achieve organisation’s Net Client Cash Flow targets
- Facilitate the fee negotiations with consultants and clients and ensuring commerciality of the business.
- Ensuring the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system is being used effectively and provides a competitive advantage
- Relationship marketing, client engagement and brand building
- Give direction regarding tactical event strategies, hosting events, and networking to grow new business
- Promote the company’s brand and image by networking with key industry stakeholders
- Working closely with the marketing team to devise marketing materials and tools to support new business activities
To be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your most recent CV and payslip to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have not had any feedback after 2 weeks from submitting your CV, please consider your application unsuccessful