The Head of SEO and Conversion Rate Optimisation Manager is responsible for maintaining, optimising and identifying new opportunities in line with strengthening company’s organic web presence and generating an increase in sale and leads through organic tactics. This includes focusing on analysing and suggesting improvements to the user experience of the website (primary organic property) to assist in increasing the number of sales generated through organic properties. The Head of SEO and Conversion Rate Optimisation Manager must understand and be able to implement best practices in-line with:
• Technical SEO optimisation including reporting,
• Backlink optimisation and reporting,
• Keywords research, analysis and reporting,
• User Experience flow reporting,
• Identify user pain-points and suggest fixes and improvements to all, which includes defining and optimising the user journey.
The Head of SEO and Conversion Rate Optimisation Manager must understand the consumer markets, monitor market trends and competitor activity and identify profitable consumer segments. Marketing Division, reporting to the Head of Performance Marketing.
The Head of SEO and Conversion Rate Optimisation Manager oversees the SEO and UX ‘team’ and works closely with the [other members of the Commercial optimization team and Content creators].
ORGANISATIONAL CHART - REPORTING STRUCTURE
First reporting level - Head of Performance Marketing
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCUDE:
Search Engine Optimisation: Technical SEO:
- Page speed optimisation: Define high-level needs and best practices
- Understand what we, as a team, are able to do and what we should focus on improving.
- Website Health Monitoring: Server log file analysis, 4xx/5xx error monitoring, 301 redirections,
- internal links, rendering and fetching, XML sitemap updates and manual submission, structured markup (schema), etc
- Content optimisation: optimise on-page content (<header. Tage, on-page keyword optimisation,
- Image Alt tags. Improve on pages that have ‘thin content’ and suggest potential guidelines to improve on.
- SEO reporting: Benchmarking, Monitoring and Creating reports to ensure technical SEO factors are being monitored and improved on
Keywords Research and Analysis:
- Protect and maintain existing keyword positions: Report on keyword performance. Deliver content in line with best-performing keywords.
- Content and site optimisation in line with keyword rankings (improving and protecting rankings).
- Identify new opportunities: Monitor and report of trends in searches, on-site and off. Search traffic and volume reports. Follow industry trends and recommend changes and optimisations in line with industry trends.
- Identify: Identify potential opportunities. Define and identify who should we reach out to in line with high-value content keywords we are looking to drive forward.
- Direct: Define and identify where we should be directing more backlinks to and where we should direct backlinking and PR opportunities too.
- Fix: Is our backlink profile clean? Are there links that need to be removed? Are there links that are strong and that need redirecting to a more relevant or new page? This person will be responsible for ensuring the backlink strategy is defined and ‘clean’.
- Defining and optimising our SEO strategy: Assist the Marketing and business leaders to ensure
- that our SEO strategy is best in class and in line with the company reaching its revenue and growth goals.
- The strategy should be based on industry best practices, competitor monitoring and research and
- the focus of the marketing team for the coming period.
UX benchmarketing and reporting:
- Benchmarking: Ensure that is defining industry best practices and that these UX best
- practices are being benchmarked against competitors and peers in the industry.
- Reporting: Defining user journeys and suggesting improvements were pain points can be identified
Work closely with the marketing team members to achieve a shared set of goals.
Relevant tertiary degree
Experience & Skills:
Ability to multi-task
• Leadership and communication ability to help manage projects
• Analytical and research skills
• Creative thinking and problem solving
• Attention to detail
• Project management skills
• Willingness to take (calculated) risks
• Web analytics
• Writing for the web (Metadata, page titles, etc.)
• Experience planning, configuring and running conversion rate optimisation projects
• A high degree of numeracy with strong Excel and data analysis skills;
• Knowledge of popular keyword tools
• Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Travel/eCommerce/online conversion driven business experience
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification certification
• A Digital Marketing certification
• Google Tag Manager or similar tag management platform
• Proven ability to synthesise conversion funnel analytics, testing (such as A/B and multivariate), and customer insights into business results
• Google AdWords Certification – either fundamentals or advanced
• Experience with online advertising platforms (AdWords, Facebook, AdRoll)
• A Digital Marketing certification
Attributes and Behaviours:
• Superb attention to detail
• Exceptional organisational skills
• Proactive, adaptable and resilient
• Results orientated