To perform valuations on properties in the Commercial, Industrial and Retail portfolios.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Real Estate/Property Valuation
- RICS qualification is advantageous
- Be registered with the SA Council for the Property Valuers Profession as a Candidate Valuer
- At least 10 years of work experience with 5 years being in Property Valuation with a strong knowledge and understanding of: Properties and property management, Property valuation theory and Theory of discounted cash flow analysis
- Assist in all aspects of the functioning of the valuators department
- Prepare documentation and computer files for the 3rd Party external/valuers
- To perform valuation and assist Asset Managers with adhoc valuations
- To provide support and assistance to external valuers
- To review external valuations
- Liaise and obtain valuation approval
- Assist with adhoc queries from auditors and other stakeholders
- Analysis of market trends, including demand, vacancies, expenditure etc.
- Analysis of comparable sales, with a view to determining capitalization rates, market related values etc.
- Examination of title deeds, with particular attention paid to any servitudes and their effect on the value, restrictive conditions of ownership, etc.
- Critical assessment of cap rates, rental levels and cost estimates pertaining to properties
- Prepare reports in respect of property valuations
- Undertake research
Should you be interested in applying for the above position, please send your updated CV to the following email address: email@example.com